Save Caribbean Rum: Carl Kanto (DDL) speaks...

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Save Caribbean Rum: Carl Kanto (DDL) speaks...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Oops...

For the monkeys, Carl Kanto is the very well known master distiller/blender at DDL, and the man responsible for the El Dorados. I believe the exigencies of survival have forced him - unwillingly - to modify his products. Yet, like Richard Seale, he too has spoken out (though not nearly as agressively).

Some of you may recall that he signed the petition to Save Caribbean Rum (linked below my sig), but somehow I managed to miss his comment at SCR's Facebook page, my apologies. In his comment, Carl makes clear that unless our mutual efforts succeed, the once grand El Dorado will be "history".
Carl Kanto:

"I have joined and signed (I think). Tell me if I have. If we go a big part of rum history will definite be history."
Seale's both barrels blasting statement has thrown down the gauntlet on sugar and other unlabeled adulterants; he too supports The Project and SCR. Although the Project gets 250,000 monthly hits, it's the spreading of the word to other forums that really helps.

Believe me, this happened with the Zee rums, Diplomatico, Angostura and Ron Matusalem. The "word" started with just a few among us, but then spread - slowly back then, but ever accelerating as time has passed.

When the likes of Dave Broom, Richard Seale, Carl Kanto, Beachbum Berry, Davin de Kergommeaux, et al join in, the die is cast. When even the Annointed One and the Shillery finally admit the truth, it's game on. Many of you remember when our efforts seemed impotent, mere tilting of rum mills.

Those days are "history". Spread the word.