Two in the Chest Dept: Tate wins a battle, but the war?

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Fair enough Bear my friend...

But to be absolutely fair, although my original opinion turned out to remarkably true and in very short order I might add - with the only exception that Tate proved far worse than predicted - no one was was more surprised than I. My postings have always been well cited and state copious rationale, perhaps to excess - but the posts have been honest opinions, well-stated and delivered respectfully.

Can you say the same for your predictions?

When you also keep in mind that the boy-genius's rabid followers gave me a real drubbing, not least a condescending rebuke from Mr. Bourbon hisself - Chuck Cowdery (who I respect none the less) - and got me banned for simply having a differing opinion which countered majority opinion and then - magically - a whole series of ongoing projections somehow turned out to be correct.

I was among the very few to even attempt to make predictions. And let's not forget that Winston himself felt that of the many net opinions expressed, he felt mine were closest to the mark (pun intended).

To your point, I am entirely guilty of being repeatedly correct in my reading of the tea leaves. It's really quite amazing that since CT has been shown to be a ego-driven, professional victim and litigation machine with a much diminished future at his own hand, that the STR8-boyz have fallen almost completely silent.

The real truth is that even Whiskycast - a quite reliable resource - recognizes that it will likely not be until 2020 that our boy can even begin to recover in terms of whisky. He is suing his best friend, refuses to pay Jared's wife the substantial funds she lent him to stay in business, has been sued by his first law firm for non-payment of his legal fees, ad infinitum is not a pretty sight. The Whiskycast interview of both sides only confirm my idiotic guesswork.

I have had tens of comments calling me wrong, and negative, but now that my views were proven, do I hear an apology? Recognition for speaking out against the howling mobs? Not even from you my dear friend. Thus if I must get a pat on the back, sadly, it must be at my own hand. I do not gloat or revel in seeing another human being suffer, especially at his own hand. We are HUGE backesr of independent distillers, and regret that this particular aberration has chosen not only to self-destruct, but whose actions may even reflect negatively on other skilled, but less volatile craft distillers.

Stupid predictions? Is this deja-vu all over again? Probably. It took time, but I have lost all respect for this gentleman. A grand experimenter who must necessarily work alone and in complete control of his fantastical predictions of his own (eg to be "the next Macallan").

BTW - and unlike CT - I will not be suing you for defamation, lol... do carry on, my good friend...
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Mr Tate is getting to be a fool for that courtroom...

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/business/t ... b6289.html
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Unbelievable my dear Tot...

Again, and again and again - what in heaven's name is with this guy? He was an early and fast rising phenomenum, and from that point onwards he's made a serious of very bad decisions, almost all of which have ended up in court.

He sued his partners, his first lawyer, his best friend, his best friend's wife, and now the supplier of the used equipment he sought out, dismantled and intended to move to Waco for reassembly into some kind of still. His business acumen seems absent.

Frankly, even his whiskey - which became a small cult item - got checkered reviews for well, being unusual and creative if not good. Frankly, I'm afraid to say more, lol...