Big Spender Dept: The Capn buys a Berry?

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Big Spender Dept: The Capn buys a Berry?

Post by Capn Jimbo »

You betcha...

Now I need not tell you just how tight fisted I am; indeed, the whole idea of the Project was to promote the idea that there were true, world class pure and unadulterated rums that not only were quite reasonable ($30), but in quite a surprising number of cases even less than $20. There were even some best buys under $10 that were entirely nice, and I kid you not.

Thus for moi to spring for a $90 or $100 rum would have been restricted to a microsecond of utter insanity, possibly to go for a Black Tot, or perhaps a moment or two in which I'd undoubtedly have purchased a fabulous Mount Gay 1703, an "11" if there ever was one.

But...

Lately I came into a little unexpected cash, felt quite good in general and said, and I quote: "WTF, it's about time!" and spent just south of $120 for a Berry Enmore (Versaille pot) 16 Year, and yet another copy of the amazing Bacardi 1909 Heritage...

. . . . . . .Image

Review to follow...

Note to Hass: both available at Total Wine, Ft. Lauderdale (and elsewhere I'd suspect)
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

A well deserved treat. Enjoy!
in goes your eye out
mamajuana
Admiral

Post by mamajuana »

Two great purchases. Just please, please, whatever you do don't do a live tasting on twitter and please don't use the word "yumm". I have often wondered about Berry's considered a bottle or so the only thing I can get made by them up here is their Penny Blue rum which I have two releases of so far. I'll have to look to online resources if the review merits it. I do have access to Samaroli though. I buy a bottle every time they release a 20% off a bottle of spirits coupon.
Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

Note to Cap'n, I have both of 'em :lol:
Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

mamajuana wrote:Two great purchases. Just please, please, whatever you do don't do a live tasting on twitter and please don't use the word "yumm". I have often wondered about Berry's considered a bottle or so the only thing I can get made by them up here is their Penny Blue rum which I have two releases of so far. I'll have to look to online resources if the review merits it. I do have access to Samaroli though. I buy a bottle every time they release a 20% off a bottle of spirits coupon.
The Berry's stuff is excellent, and as I understand it, cheaper than Samaroli (to say nothing of Velier...)
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Haven't had the pleasure of Berry's yet.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

For those reading this thread and wondering if the review ever happened...

http://rumproject.com/rumforum/viewtopi ... sc&start=0