Cadenhead's Classic Rum

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Dai
Minor God

Cadenhead's Classic Rum

Post by Dai »

Ordered some rum and decided to try out Cadenhead's classic Rum very nice it is and pretty strong @50% had to use a little water with it.

Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
AK9
Cap'n

Post by AK9 »

did you order any from the live cask of rum? They refreshed it recently.
They als have few bottles that are not in the website. PM if you want to find out which.
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

AK9 wrote:did you order any from the live cask of rum? They refreshed it recently.
They als have few bottles that are not in the website. PM if you want to find out which.
Nah ordered it from masterofmalt I didn't know they even did a live cask.

AK9
Cap'n

Post by AK9 »

i think fatrum had mentioned that they had put an.old rum in the cask in the past. when i was there they told me they refresh the cask when it gets to the middle.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Neat stuff, nice!
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

I'll have to look into the live cask it sounds interesting.

Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

Yeah it's cool, you walk into their shop, and right there in the front room, hanging out with all the whisky, is an honest to god oak cask of rum.
The Fat Rum Pirate
Quartermaster

Post by The Fat Rum Pirate »

AK9 wrote:i think fatrum had mentioned that they had put an.old rum in the cask in the past. when i was there they told me they refresh the cask when it gets to the middle.
The lad from the Cadenhead's store in London told me (via email) that they had put some 25 year old Demerara in the cask when I asked what was in the bottle I had received.

From what I understand the Classic Rum and the Live Cask are the "odds and ends" of casks etc just mixed together - I don't think there is much consistency but the reality is you are getting a lot of very nice Demerara rum mixed in a bottle that will either cost you £30 or £50. Whilst it's not single cask stuff I have to say I doubt any serious rum lover would turn their nose up at it. It's seriously good stuff.

Since publishing my reviews I have had comments from a dozen people or more all saying what a good buy the Classic Rum was (and a fair few bought the Live Cask before it went out of circulation again!)

It's funny but sometimes I do know what I'm talking about :wink:
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

The Fat Rum Pirate wrote:
AK9 wrote:i think fatrum had mentioned that they had put an.old rum in the cask in the past. when i was there they told me they refresh the cask when it gets to the middle.
The lad from the Cadenhead's store in London told me (via email) that they had put some 25 year old Demerara in the cask when I asked what was in the bottle I had received.

From what I understand the Classic Rum and the Live Cask are the "odds and ends" of casks etc just mixed together - I don't think there is much consistency but the reality is you are getting a lot of very nice Demerara rum mixed in a bottle that will either cost you £30 or £50. Whilst it's not single cask stuff I have to say I doubt any serious rum lover would turn their nose up at it. It's seriously good stuff.

Since publishing my reviews I have had comments from a dozen people or more all saying what a good buy the Classic Rum was (and a fair few bought the Live Cask before it went out of circulation again!)

It's funny but sometimes I do know what I'm talking about :wink:
If the classic is the dregs from old rum cask then I want to buried in one when I go. This stuff is good one of the best £33 I've spent on rum it's up there with the likes of Mount Gay XO or Seale's 10, Appleton 12. If you can get a bottle in your neck of the woods and it's reasonable then go for it.