Looking for Caroni rum

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Looking for Caroni rum

Post by edgarallanpoe »

Hey guys...I am looking to get some Caroni rum but the bottles I have come across are either too expensive or have to be shipped from overseas. I have already purchased several bottles of The Scarlet Ibis rum but was wondering if anyone knew of other rums that contain Caroni rum that I might not know about.

I live in PA and we actually have a very good website that lists the rums that are immediately available. I have no problem going out of state provided they agree to ship to me...not everyone will do this.

Many thanks in advance.
mamajuana
Admiral

Post by mamajuana »

There are rather slim pickings for US Caroni bottles. These are all the US releases of Caroni since 2010 that are stated on the bottle.

AD RATTRAY caroni single cask 13 year - 2010 release - 50.00 / sold out

AD RATTRAY caroni single cask 16 year - 2014 release - 99.00

Berry's 15 year Caroni 46% - 2013 release - unknown pricing/ very hard to find.

Duncan Taylor Caroni cask #115 16 year - 2014 release - 259 bottles - 110.00+

Duncan Taylor Caroni cask #87 16 year - 2014 release- 270 bottles - 110.00+
AK9
Cap'n

Post by AK9 »

With the £ dropping compared to the $, you just have to wait for the next FOMC hike and then travel to UK (or EU) where there is a lot of Caroni to be found.
cyril
Bo'sun

Post by cyril »

if u want to try a true Caroni, and i mean one rum originally fully aged in trinidad (and yes its damn different), you dont have many options i fear : one of Velier's release (their blends of 12 and 15 yo are cheap for such rums) or Bristol Spirits (the 74 and 89 if i remember right, are fully aged in trinidad, but more expensive)
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

Thanks Cyril...those were the ones I was just looking at. The Whisky Exchange has both of those and I was thinking about biting the bullet and ordering them with my coaching check.
AK9
Cap'n

Post by AK9 »

Look at Master of Malt as well. They might ship to US as well and they have the Caroni 74.
dont think we will find again such an old Caroni at such price.
They also have one of Bristol 90s Caroni and 3 Port Morant.
quazi
Landlubber

Post by quazi »

The A D Rattray version is at least a good intro. Though for the price($100 before delivery) it may be better to order the 12 and 15 year bottled by Velier. Be sure to also look at Italian sellers as well.
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

Master of Malt will not deliver to Pennsylvania.