New Look coming...

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

New Look coming...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Hi all...

Some of you may recall the Project first appeared back in 2006 - directly as a result of my dear friends Hamilton and the Frozen One, lol. I did everything including learning how to put up a super simple but reliable forum (phpBB). What you are looking at now is version 2.0.21, the forum equivalent of stone tablets.

I've been blessed to be led to a young phpBB expert who will soon be converting this horse 'n buggy to a Ferrari Testarossa - I wish. But it will be the latest phpBB, which will look great and operate well on cell phones. This means you can participate even in public restrooms.

Next will be a general announcement on social media, not to mention using my Sharpie to adorn walls "For a good time...". Peace out friends...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Re: New Look coming...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Hey, hey! This is step one of the new look. This is the latest version of phpBB open source forums (version 3.3.3), in what is a "standard style". Trust me, the final version - still coming - is much different, tropical and well, rum-like. The main point of upgrading is:

1. A new and visually attractive look that reflects what this forum is all about.

2. This version - and the final one - will look and work well both on your laptop AND on your cell phone. The old version was extremely hard to navigate on phones. Now and for the first time, you can take a double dump - posting while in the stall, lol.

For fun, do try this on your phone and let me know if you have any problems...