Disrespect: Artic Wolf begs off

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Disrespect: Artic Wolf begs off

Post by Capn Jimbo »

"Please release me, let me go, for I don't love you anymore..."
Lyrics - Eddy Arnold, Jim Reeves, et al

Let it be known that the Artic Wolf and I have exchanged many, many emails over many months. Early on he'd made it clear he wanted a private, learning dialogue with me and of course, I accomodated him for quite some time until...

1. He broke faith and published his now infamous, and pants-on-fire article "What is rum?". This article was largely based on TONS of information and analysis I provided him from both the US and UK (not to mention scads of supporting cites from well-known posters, even including the Preacher). And apart from breaking trust, did I get fair credit?

Nope.

2. Having also come to realize the extent of his amazing and implacable Canadian stubborness, I decided that it was now open fair game, and time to go public. Even so I continued to feed him private tidbits designed to make him look better - for example, I pointed out that his claim that the Ron Abuelo's were made from - are you sitting down? - "cane juice" (!) was absolutely wrong, citing not only the Preacher, but general knowledge, taste profile and the Abuelo website itself (which he had misread).

Based on my tip, he then contacted Abuelo and published a clarification that credited Abuelo... but not me. There are others. I'll publish a critique, he'll read it, then modifiy his postings.

Given time, I know I can straighten him out.

3. On a number of occasions, our cold blooded friend has joined in with the typical screaming, namecalling, monkeyfest orgies of insults of selected outsider opponents, which have included the creator of The Lash, of Ron de Jeremy, MRJ (the wonderful JaRiMi) and of course...

Moi. His choice.

Here comes the good part...

Recently I got this begging email from the Woof...
Artic Wolf: "Please remove myself from your member rolls as I have no wish to contribute to your site, nor do I wish to be associated with it in any way."

Kind Regards
Chip (Aka Arctic Wolf)
This is funny. Actually he'd joined The Rum Forum about a year or so ago, back when he was joining and posting everywhere in the usual attempt to gain publicity for his website. We all do that, no big deal. He also joined to publicly refute one of my first posts which critiqued his "methodology" which he'd christened "The Dykstra Method".

This was hilarious, especially from an absolute newbie, particularly since he stands alone among giants, none of whom had the Canadian cajones to name a "method" after themselves. His response was dully, I mean duly posted and life went on.

Following this we engaged in maybe another six months or so of an extended and voluminous "private dialogue", wherein I attempted to educate the famished malumute as to the realities of rogue rum, and hopefully to nurture yet another independent voice serving to spread the word.

The public deserves no less.

His request for a favor from me, "to remove myself", - strange wording, eh? - was particularly ill-timed, as he'd just recently participated in a brief dump-on-the-Capn thread at the Shillery (a happenstance of which I gleefully reminded him). And then wanted this favor?!

By the way, do any of you refer to yourselves in the third person?

My response, paraphrased "...give me (or is it "myself", lol) my due credits, stop visiting my website, and I'll consider it". Later I amended this to "I'll do my best, it's not as easy as you think (true)", and allowed him the opportunity for a fair and balanced quid pro quo. So far, he's give no quid, so as far as quo...

You decide.

Summary:

Still, this post should make it entirely clear that the Artic Wolf does not wish to be associated with The Rum Project in any way. I repeat: the Artic Wolf cannot be found within 1500 miles of either "myself" or of Capn Jimbo's completely idiotic website. Except when he sucks up to the Burr Brothers at the Rum Recalcitrance in Miami.

Capish?

Thank God! But will he stop visiting and borrowing stuff?