Social Media: Sexting and Rum

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Social Media: Sexting and Rum

Post by Capn Jimbo »

There will be a flash dram at 3:17pm...

Most of you are now painfully aware of techie vehicles such as: Google, Facebook, U-Tube, Twitter, Foursquare, Yahoo, Buzz, Plaxo and more on the way. These are the so-called "social media".

Basicly they are asinine and a great way to let crooks know when you're not going to be home. Along with the now old-fashioned forums that serve the ever smaller pure rum community these media suck you into sharing more about who you are, where you went, and who you blew than you ever intended.

It's really just a tangle of lonely monkeys who find needed cameraderie by making up idiotic e-names, accompanied by online persona that may have nothing to do with their actual meager lives and personalities.

So it's no surprise that when they get a chance to click on "like" for say Bacardi Dingleberry, of course they do so, adding their name to the list of suckers ripe for future marketing efforts by Bacardi and Charmin toilet tissue. Just how important has social media become for the premiumizing megacorporations?

Very.

For example, Pepsico - one of the major marketers in the universe - actually considered moving from traditional media (radio, TV, billboards, etc.) to focus on social media. They wanted to tweet you, google you and friend you. That outrageously cute and boobalicious chickadee you saw hanging over your neighborhood bar - you know, the one with cleavage down to well, there, and ordering "Pepsi, please!" at the top of her ample lungs?

Social marketing. Paid plants.

In another of my brilliant threads you learned that Capt. Morgan - who their director of marketing (and Big Burr) actually refer to as "The Captain" - as though the fuckin cartoon was actually real - are encouraging idiots the world over into sending in their U-Tube version of the "Captain's" invented "leg lift".

Left leg to be exact (a natural for the Wolfboy). Social media rules.

Bottom line:

Social media is here to stay. Personally, I don't participate as I rather value my privacy. And I hardly believe that social media has much influence over sophisticated imbibers. But as for the rest of the monkeys...

Tweet on.