New and Brilliant Section: From Cane to Glass

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

New and Brilliant Section: From Cane to Glass

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Somebody's gotta be the Capn...

Let's face it. You don't get this shit at the Shillery or the Wolf Den, but if you really want to appreciate rum - or any other fine spirit for that matter - you need real and honest information. And where can you get it?

Here of course (and a handful of other great site reviewed in this section).

Recently a new section magically appeared here, namely "From Cane to Glass". I was gonna name it "From Grass to Glass" but I happened to run across one of Luis Ayala's blogs, one of which used this name. Of of respect for the guy who really preceeded the Preacher, and who is far more competent, I changed the name.

It's the way I am.

From Cane to Glass" (link)" is truly an amazing and rewarding section designed to make you a real expert on rum. As The Compleat Idiot it is my job and duty to stay just one step ahead of you, and to pass along valuable information designed to do just that.

Although bits and pieces of this section can be found here and there, allow me to save you hundreds of hours and failed tastings. This section will explain just how rum travels from cane to glass, and how each step in the process contributes to what you taste in the glass.

Vanilla? Perhaps from American oak. Spicy pepper and raisin? Perhaps French or Spanish oak. And you will learn what each other step from cultivation, to crushing, fermentation, distillation and aging contribute. After reading this section you'll see through the "it's all good" and other myths promoted by the commercial websites. Then and only then...

You'll know bullshit from believable. Believe it!