Alcoholism Dept: The Shillery speaks - or not?

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Alcoholism Dept: The Shillery speaks - or not?

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Boozer? Rummie? Jokester? Or just another monkey?

Read this and tell me if you think this poster has a problem...
"Now so far in my experiences .. I'm not the one that just "enjoys" drinking alcohol for the taste so to make it "worthwhile" I usually push the drinking until I have a nice buzz going just before going to bed. Yes as I'm writting (sp)this and my eyes are probably glazy (sp) and getting more tired and starring (sp) at the monitor by the minute...

As for the RUM being tastier... perhaps it's due that I wasn't so selective... and weren't (sp) mesuring (sp) the mix of Water and Pop as I just wanted to push the buzz deeper...
"
Misspellings noted. Now I'm not going to label anyone anything without real evidence, but this is surely a troubling post. Drinking that is "usually pushed to get a buzz before bed"? Should it have been left up? Should other posters have addressed this? You decide.

Except for the Frozen One, who simply advised also drinking a lot of water, the monkeys ignored the post, and just kept on with the usual "...it's all good" sycophantic monkey chatter. To which the poster replied:
"Well I had weird dreams again including a bunch of babies in diapers... my job was to convince them to get back on the ice and keep playing hockey. Drinking lots of water now.. man nothing beats Cold water.. too bad it doesn't give me a buzz.. on the other hand.. maybe that's a good thing."
Bizarre and to me, disturbing. I have lost two friends to alcoholism and this kind of disjointed post is deeply concerning.

Does a post like this really belong on any rum website devoted to responsible drinking? In my judgment - whether the poster is kidding or not, whether the post is marginal or not - posts like this add nothing to rum appreciation or understanding, and on that basis alone have no business being left up. What is almost as disturbing is the blase, non-reaction of the Shillery monkeys.

If the only lone admonition was to simply prehydrate, well heaven help them all... Havabanana and drink up!