Combat: Preacher goes to Court: Barbancourt

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!

What's under the Preacher's robe?

Cajones
No votes
Commercial Interests
50%
A bottle of Barbancourt Five Star
50%

Total votes: 2

Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Combat: Preacher goes to Court: Barbancourt

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Preacher goes to Court: Barbancourt

Or rather Barbancourt may go to the Preacher. Some of you may be aware of the little dustup I had with Preacher Ed over "rhum agricole". A sad event wherein the Preacher lost his robe, and I quit a forum I found commercial and childish.

At issue: did/does Martinique's AOC define what is and what is not cane juice (agricultural) rum (Ed's position) - or does 150 years of common and worldwide usage prevail and is "Rhum Agricole AOC Martinique" simply a modern subset of agricultural, cane juice rum (my position)? Specifically, I held that Barbancourt was, is and shall remain an agricultural rum and is made from "fresh cane juice", rather than from Ed's "...cane juice, syrup and molasses as available".

Does the fact that the Preacher reps AOC's Neisson and La Favorite color his position? Survey sez... Oui, oui!! Worse yet, I have been reliably informed that Barbancourt - made honestly from "fresh cane juice" - is anything but pleased with the Preacher's assertion to the contrary. Oy vey!

There's more, but let's leave it at this. I would bet you a case of the Preacher's Favorite La Rum, er rhum, that his references to Barbancourt will soon be, uh... uh... amended.

You heard it here first...