Welcome: the Bilgemeister!

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Welcome: the Bilgemeister!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

If you noticed the intro screen, you will see my humble website has been blessed with the registration of the famous Bilgemonkey. This is a guy I've long admired, especially his mindset toward plunder, real rum and his take no prisoners reviews.

If you've spent any time perusing rum reviews you seem to run into two kinds. Those that inhabit BTI or are passed down from the mountain by published professionals like Dave Broom. And those that you can understand, lol. When I want to know what a rum really tastes like, whether it's good or a scurvy dog, one of my first stops is..

The Bilgemonkey (Link).

And you thought the days of pirates were over...
Last edited by Capn Jimbo on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bilgemunky
Landlubber

Post by Bilgemunky »

Harrr, thanks for the kind words, Capn! Indeed, I try very hard to keep my rum reviews down to earth - an easy task since I'm not a terribly deep person to begin with (well, I suppose that's a matter of perspective - pull up those boots, folks!)

Consider my very first review, reprinted in its entirity:

"Rum. Goooood"

Fortunately, I've gotten a a bit more descriptive since those early days. But not any more sober, I fear.

Yar.
Pyrate Surgeon
Cabin Boy

Post by Pyrate Surgeon »

Welcome Aboard, Mate!

I be workin' on those other blends ye suggested ta me at SFPF...and other things too! hehehehe :twisted:
The Rhum comes After the surgery, mate!