Richard Paterson on tasting

What is feckin whiskey doing on the net's leading independent rum website? There's a reason, read on, but it's not my fault! Honest...
Dai
Minor God

Richard Paterson on tasting

Post by Dai »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW1te_miu5I

A good video from Richard Paterson of Whyte and Mackay on tasting whisky.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
JaRiMi
Admiral

Post by JaRiMi »

Mr. Paterson is a fantastic talent, I really admire his skills with whisky, and as a speaker. It was a great honour to meet him in person in Edinburgh at the Shackleton whisky gala dinner, and watch him as he told us the story of the Shackleton whisky replication, and described the whole process of chemical analysis that lead the team of chemists to see which malts went into the original Shackleton Antarctic expedition whisky.

The Dalmore has received criticism for being chill-filtered, and for using caramel coloration. The brand has also created quite a stir for the exorbitantly expensive recent Stellar collection releases. At the same time, I must say I am a big fan of the 18yo Dalmore, which is a fantastic dram I feel. The rich sherry profile, despite of not spending the whole maturation in sherry cask, gives definite competition to the likes of Macallan 18yo in my opinion.