Rum Preview: Bowmore's 12 yo

What is feckin whiskey doing on the net's leading independent rum website? There's a reason, read on, but it's not my fault! Honest...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Rum Preview: Bowmore's 12 yo

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Bowmore's 12 Year: A perfect dram for a very imperfect day. Nice...

This is not a review, but any second now, lol. When we have built up enough a collection, well over 200 bottles in our case you sometimes even forget what you have. In this case it's always nice to rediscover a bottle long forgotten and the Bowmore 12 is one.

A lovely dram when the notion of peat, nice medium fruits and grain and a tonsil clearing white pepper finish is just what the doctor ordered. The a/c has failed, Sue Sea is under the weather and I need a to-do for the to-do lists. It's raining heavily, the no-see-ums are thick and irritating and...

This robust dram was friggin perfect! Please feel free to add a review or three...
bearmark
Beermeister

Post by bearmark »

I wasn't too impressed with Bowmore 12, but it was okay. You can read my notes here. If I was pressed for a rating, I'd probably give it a 3/5 (I tend to shy away from half points and I could make a case for one here, but I couldn't push it to a 4). I'm glad you enjoyed it though, especially with A/C woes, bad weather, a backlog of things to do and an afflicted woman. I much prefer Ardbeg Ten (alas, I've only had the new version) and I'm anxious to try Smokey Joe Islay Malt ($35 @ Total Wine) per Sku's recommendation.

Here's to things lookin' up fer ya!

Capn's Log: A big thanks for your well wishes from both Sue Sea and I. Oh I do agree with you, and much prefer my Ardbeg 10 (maybe 2010). But someday your just need a bracing dram, and not to waste the good stuff. The Bowmore is just good enough for such days here. Thanks again...
Mark Hébert
Rum References: Flor de Caña 18 (Demeraran), The Scarlet Ibis (Trinidadian), R.L. Seale 10 (Barbadian), Appleton Extra (Jamaican), Ron Abuelo 12 (Cuban), Barbancourt 5-Star (Agricole)