Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
da'rum
Minor God

Bill Bailey's Balkan Blend

Post by da'rum »

Write up;
This full strength blend consists of the best Virginia grades with various Oriental tobaccos, 10% dark fired Kentucky leaf and over 40% Latakia with a pinch of Perique.

Over at Tobacco reviews there are many good reviews of this blend so instead of waxing lyrical I'll keep this short.

A quality blend that doesn't adhere strictly to what components should make up a 'balkan' blend.
A Kentucky and Virginia that is the backbone of the blend, a Latakia that plays a smoky second string, a quality oriental that rounds and smoothes the blend and lastly a small but noticeable perique to add some spice and pepper.

This is a great blend that takes various smoking techniques to really get the most out of. A slow sip is essential. Kentucky, Oriental and Perique on the nasal exhale. Virginia and Orientals on mouth exhale and French inhale (slow expulsion out of the mouth and drawn up into the nose). *The latter I must credit a reviewer at TR for alerting me to.
A blend that can dry the mouth out if smoked too quickly.
Burns well after a small amount of drying out.
I will be buying this again.
Highly recommended.
in goes your eye out