Sweet, not sweetened, please.

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Spirit of Science
Landlubber

Sweet, not sweetened, please.

Post by Spirit of Science »

Hello from Germany!

I would like to start with a very big thank you to Capn Jimbo and everyone who runs this forum and contributes their knowledge, insights, and of course sugar test results! Coming across this site was an eye-opener, and I've been using the Master Sugar List for some years now to guide me through the world of well-made, high quality rums, rhums and rons. And this can be an awkward journey through a land of lies, pitfalls, tricks, rip-offs and piracy.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Re: Sweet, not sweetened, please.

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Thanks for your kind words... I've not been very active as there is only so much that can be said; however, I now live in Mexico and quickly realized that Tequila's alteration may be worse than rums, particularly considering the lack of strict regulation here, the heavy marketing and a marketplace full of the usual bullshit. And talk about overpriced. Tequila is a very young spirit and not well aged - ripe for alteration.

CJ