Introducing Uisge

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Uisge
Cap'n

Introducing Uisge

Post by Uisge »

Uisge being short for "uisge beatha", Gaelic for "Water of Life", the words from which the English transliterated and bastardized "Whisky" is derived, and pronounced "ISHka", NOT "OOOsgEE". End pronunciation lesson :D

As I mentioned to Cap'n Jimbo via an email I sent asking if his opinion of Zaya has changed, I have an appreciation of Scotch and bourbon (Irish and Canadian whiskies as well), but know little about rum. I am interested in learning a bit more about this type of liquor, and to that end joined up here, and purchased a bottle of Cruzan to join the bottle of Zaya I have.

Greetings from the great Central Valley of California, from a SF Bay Area native that got into hard liquor later in life, so I don't have the baggage of memories of drinking too much and puking after, but rather have a healthy respect and appreciation for enjoying the same.

Howdy!
Uisge
Cap'n

Post by Uisge »

BTW, Cap'n, I never did receive that follow-up email to the original acknowledgement of registering email from Nov. 5 ....

Capn's Log: Well, well, well. When you get to my well advanced age the first thing to go is short term memory. Or is it long term memory. Damned if I remember...
Uisge
Cap'n

Post by Uisge »

Aye, Cap'n....what was I gonna say? :lol:

Capn's Log: Exactly!