Welcome

Coffee, cigars and rum go togther like priests and choirboys. Indeed the brothers are known to have a tipple now and then. Oh and some rum, cigars and Belgian beer as well, lol...
sleepy
King of Koffee

Welcome

Post by sleepy »

This where we will, over time, discuss all things coffee: Tasting, varietals, roasting, brewing, history and the influence of coffee and caffeine on world history and commerce are all open possibilities. But it will come a bit at a time and all who have an interest - in lore, tasting, technology, or just a good cuppa are welcome to pitch in.

Me, I'm a pretend coffee geek - I know enough to roast, grind and brew good coffee to good result, whether I finish with drip, French press or espresso. Not great - just good by my standards - that being better than Charbucks or Dunkin Donuts. Every now and then, a miracle will happen and the perfect confluence of bean, weather, roast temperature and my palate occurs, so always hoping this is the batch - Yes, my name is Sleepy and I am a coffee addict!

Due to time and schedule, this section will roll out slowly - I need time for fishing and sipping rum. If something here piques your curiosity, I know of no better source of information on all things coffee, as well as an excellent selection of green beans and coffee paraphernalia than www.sweetmarias.com. I post the front page, but from there the library and the forums are chock full of great information and I'll cite specifics as necessary. If you want to be amazed by tasting, read Tom's reviews of the green beans they sell and look at the very clever profile graphics with the reviews. [Hmm - something for the Rum Project?]

To be clear, I have no relationship with Sweet Maria's other than as a a very happy and much better informed retail customer.

From my terse intro, you may guess that there's (much) more to come - I hope you enjoy.