New from Canada

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Rum Lover
Oscar

Greetings to all

Post by Rum Lover »

I extend greetings and salutations to all my fellow rum lovers. I come to you from the great white north of Canada, just north of the 45 parallel. Not the extreme north but certainly cool and white enough in winter to know and appreciate an aged spirit as it warms our bellies in times of need.

Enough of winter (not my favorite season). Introductions are in order as this is my first post. I started down the rum road many years ago before I was legally able and have never looked back. As an avid sailor, it seemed right that I chose to drink rum, never guessing that it would become a hip and popular tipple of choice. I am an avid traveler and prefer the warmer climes and culture to visit, because of this I have had the opportunity to sample many different countries rums and have enjoyed some very fine surprises.

In our warmer seasons I like to sit in my garden and sample some latest discovery or visit one of my "old friends".

Right now we are experiencing some +30 Celsius weather and I head for the shade of my patio and the cool breezes coming up the hillside.

I am blessed with a wonderful lady who at first thought I was nuts (not far off the mark there, for many reasons) when I used to go on about my spirit of choice. She has now embraced the dark side and will join me many times as I try a new adventure in a bottle.

Our favorites at this point are Appletons 12, Mount Gay XO, the ED 12,15,21( cant get the 25 in our province yet even though its on the LCBO's website, perhaps that's a good thing with its stratospheric price of $362).

I have earmarked for this weekend (our Canada Day celebration weekend ) a new acquisition I ordered up, it is the El Dorado EHP single barrel. I am looking forward to tasting it and perhaps sharing our experience with you.

I wish you all a happy weekend and for those of you who are my fellow Canadians, A Happy Canada Day, eh!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome...

You've picked some good ones. And we do look forward to your impressions of the EHP. It appears that at least now, the frozen north is a bit on the warm side...

Again, welcome.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Herzlich willkommen
in goes your eye out
Rum Lover
Oscar

Post by Rum Lover »

Thank you gentlemen, tis a good thing to be part of such a fine community.

I am a rum enthusiast
the more rum i drink
the more enthusiastic I become