Rum Review: Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum

Are these real rums? Is a chocolate flavored Bistec de Palomilla a steak? Maybe. Some are of lower proof. Some use real flavoring. And as for some, may we never drink worse than this!

How do you rate Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum (five is best)?

No votes
100%
No votes
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 1

Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Rum Review: Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum: Close to Perfect!

I love coffee, a business in which my family was engaged for some 20 years, with my dear Grandfather, the inventor and manufacturer of the first electric peanut and coffee roaster. A day without Columbia Supremo is like a day without sunshine.

And then along came Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum. Between rum, the Paradise of Southeast Florida and the world famous Florida Keys, Cuban women and Columbia Supremo, it simply doesn't get any better than this.

To Sue Sea and I a flavored rum is all about authenticity. We simply don't like artificial and I really don't care how well it's done. Period. And a flavored rum is first and foremost a rum. With a well integrated, but not the least bit dominant, authentic flavor skillfully blended in. If the first thing we note is the flavor, we feel the blend has failed.

Brinley's Gold Coffee Rum does not disappoint. The review - our comments are integrated...

Sue Sea and Jimbo:
Like Brinley's Gold Vanilla Rum, the aroma is well blended. Brinley's Coffee's nose is of blended vanilla, oak, reed and a deep leather. It is a medium light amber with the expected thick syrupy legs. And of course a nice robust coffee. This full bodied rum is syrupy sweet, with the same robust coffee, vanilla, caramel and perhaps a cacao. The taste develops smoothly and with an unexpected mild but building slight leather astringency and growing peppery heat! The combination of sweet and syrupy with the slight leathery but substantial peppery heat is nothing less than stupendous.

Brinley's Gold Coffee leaves a desired coating sweet coffee and peppery aftertaste. Warming and wonderful. Sue Sea describes the finish as heavy and surprising with sweet coffee, mocha and cacao. "...that seem to melt in your mouth and demand a chaser of ice cold milk!"
That says it all. Brinley's is, of course, a dessert rum, a liqueur that would make a lovely nightcap. It has that "lick your lips" (better your partner should lick your lips) flavor, and may be the perfect way to get laid. Again. Every time...

Rating (10 is best) - 8.