Happy to finally contribute...

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Guevara88
Bo'sun's Mate

Happy to finally contribute...

Post by Guevara88 »

Aye!
My name is Leon, I am 25 years old, just finished my college education and I entered the world of Rum approx. 1-2 years ago. The question is: If you liked rum from the beginning which is the point marking you "getting serious" about it.

I'd say it happened on the night between 2012 and 2013. A good friend of mine (who had initially fueled my interest in rum) served me "something new". It was a glass of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva and at the time I was totally intoxicated. Before this event I mainly tried rum below 15€/20$ (prices are higher in Germany due to tax) and therefore Diplomatico was quite the eye opener. Shortly after this event I got a bottle for my own and began to research rum.

By now I widened my horizon significantly and have to agree with Capn Jimbo that Mount Gay XO is a treatment all on its own. Nevertheless I would still call me a beginner although my consistently rising enthusiasm helps to improve my tasting skills and knowledge.

I am eagerly looking forward to posting and discussing here at the rum project!

All the best!
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Hi Che welcome aboard. This is not a high traffic forum but a good one to sip and take your time with. Definitely no added sugar here either mostly bitter notes with a fruitcake undertone.

Gruß

Mj
in goes your eye out