I am pleased to be included

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Calgaryx
Landlubber

I am pleased to be included

Post by Calgaryx »

First I want to commend you on a wonderful site. I have frequented others sites in the past on my rum journey but honestly can tell you I have learned more from your site than the others combined.

About myself, I reside in Canada and have had the opportunity to vacation a fair bit. I have a fairly large rum collection consisting of over 150 different aged rums. Of these, I usually only go to about a dozen regularily. I personally do not like spiced rums and as such do not keep them in my collection. Favourites include El Dorado, Havana Club, Mount Gay and Flor De Cana. My favorite cocktails include Mai Tais and Dauquiris.

I hold blind rum tastings for several of my friends once or twice a year and have had great fun introducing them to the different offerings. I do blind tastings as it is interesting to show that an inexpensive rum can often be the favourite of the night.

Thanks again for the opportunity to allow me to post.

Capn's Log: Thanks for the kind words - our #1 goal is education, and it's nice to hear that our site has had that effect. It's really a sad day when this humble site stands practically alone in that endeavor. Compare to whisky and wine where good sites abound in the hundreds. Look forward to your posts...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Just another uh, welcome...

Cal, welcome again. Why again and so belatedly? Surely not because you said "First I want to commend you on a wonderful site. I have frequented others sites in the past on my rum journey but honestly can tell you I have learned more from your site than the others combined. .

Not at all. Simply because you said...
First I want to commend you on a wonderful site. I have frequented others sites in the past on my rum journey but honestly can tell you I have learned more from your site than the others combined.
I would never - EVER! - stoop to such cheap pandering designed for self-promotion. That sir, would be below me.

Phrases like "...a wonderful site... learned more from your site than (ALL) the others combined!!!", though certainly pleasant to hear, are merely peripheral happenstance that serve only to make sure your sincere, intelligent and accurate observations are properly recognized.

Sincerely, welcome... again. Uh, you deserve it.