Over: March 26-28, Tampa

Including details of our Weekly Rum E-Tastings. Join our happy group in tasting rums from home or even from your sailboat. Also important Events in south Florida and Awards from just about anywhere. Speaking of where, Wear Wearever wherever you go!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Over: March 26-28, Tampa

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Polished Palate International Rum Festival

Dates: March 26-28, 2009
Where: Tampa, Florida (Ybor City)
Details: Link to Details
Largest Rum Festival In The US...

The 2009 Festival features both private and public events. During the Festival, a panel of Spirits Industry Executives will assemble in Ybor City for our 4th Annual (private) Tasting Competition. Most of our honored Judges will attend the Public Events, offering insight & rambunctious rum inations on this delectable potable .

-PUBLIC EVENTS-

Several Festival events will take place including a formal Rum Tasting Dinner, an outdoor BarBQ and more information to come.

* -FORMAL RUM TASTING DINNER-
* -RUM ON THE BAR B Q-
* -INTERNATONAL RUM FESTIVAL MAIN EVENT-

Must be 21 or older to attend
Photo I.D. Required
Although I have never attended this event, this year I will be there in full Capn regalia (flip-flops, bowler hat, no underwear) as an official International Rum Festival judge at the rum competition. This is, of course, a great honor and I am girding my loins for 3 days of fun and rum and the inside opportunity to meet some of the world's greatest rum authors and tasters. For those of you who have never been to Ybor City, please know that this is a memorable historic district more than equivalent to our own Calle Ocho. Think rum and Cuban cigars.

This is truly an amazing and well established event, conducted with grace by Dori Bryant, and taking place in a wonderful sub-tropical venue that you won't soon forget. I won't and I haven't even gotten there yet...