Greetings from the Mind's Basement

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Phantom_Cartoonist
Landlubber

Greetings from the Mind's Basement

Post by Phantom_Cartoonist »

Salutations to all fellow rum aficionados,

It is while sipping a soul warming glass of El Dorado 12 years that I write this greeting.

My name is Simon, a rum-fueled artist, also known as the Phantom Cartoonist in some obscure spheres of the world.

Aside from being an important part of my creative process, rum has lately been promoted to subject level, as me and a colleague have developed a few episodes of a video series so far entitled "Rum Reviews" (incredibly original, I know).

If you're interested in hearing what we have to say (in unorthodox ways) on rums both terrible and orgasmic, have a look at the youtube or the website.

Here's a link to episode 2 for those interested :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrsERY0 ... NpPIwumVwd

I'll look forward to debate on rum's characters and personalities with the lot of you.
Rum is an hilarious source of liver damage.
www.mindbasement.com
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Wow. Shine on ya crazy diamond.
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

And you thought you were a bizarre and drunken sot!

Or a compleat idiot for that matter! No kiddies, you must leave idiocy and bizarreness to the real experts. Simon and his partner in lunacy are so talented, so bizarre, so entertaining - think Monty Python on rum - that my brains started spinning clockwise: and I'm north of the Equator!

Now as you know, I am extremely skeptical of new registrants and very very few get approved, as I have found that our current load of wackos has a certain camaraderie, which is held together by wisps of straw and used duct tape - and therefore must be carefully managed and protected.

However, this registrant's qualification to be admitted to a club that would not normally admit anybody was made when (a) he featured the Frozen Furry One and his "award" for Screetch which (b) they then rightfully called "award winning piss". These madmen thereby managed to correctly position three things at once (I can barely manage but one): the rum, the award, and the awarder, to wit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OktfozahvJE
(...at 2:40, 8:35 and you must check the sequence at 11:00)

This, my fellow idiots is the equivalent of the $10,000 purchased California Chrome - the favorite - winning the upcoming Belmont Stakes and, ahem, the coveted Triple Crown. Still in my mind, this registrant reins, er reigns superior. Simon's work is so entertaining, so creative and just plain fun that I can even ignore their rating and review of the corrupt and mega-corporate Captain Morgan "Deluxe" chemical bomb.

Welcome to yet another shrewdly fascinating nutcase who clearly was inexorably led to the home established for and restricted to only the cream of the coconuts. Gird your loins...

These three Rum Reviews are a must see. Please be sure to be seated, fasten your harness and have a designated watcher nearby.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMindbas ... ?query=rum