Preacher: Borrows a Cuppa Sugar

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Preacher: Borrows a Cuppa Sugar

Post by Capn Jimbo »

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.

Herman Melville (1819 - 1891)
It has now been many, many months since the Prophet and I had our dust up over Barbancourt and over cane juice rums - a debate I won, or rather he lost - handily. I'd had quite enough of his backstabbing, and did what any rational and relatively peaceful person would do.

I exited myself. And soon decided to start my own website where truth and education - not commercial interests - would prevail. I hinted at what soon became the very first Rum Chat on the net.

In a recent visit to the Shillery, I noted that the Preacher had been reborn, and had not only accepted my origination of the notion of rum styles and reference standards (which he formerly rejected as "silly"), but is now including "rum styles" in his high priced "seminars".

His belated acceptance and imitation was flattering - I guess - though I can't imagine he'll adopt my reference standards - or any other for that matter. It would contradict his many commercial interests.

But that's not all.

I also found he'd decided to adopt his own version of my original, first-on-the-net live rum chats, and - tell me it ain't so - also on Wednesdays! It has become abundantly clear that what the Prophet lacks in originality, he makes up in...

Chutzpah. Oy vey!

Note to Preacher: I am aware of your frequent visits to my website. Please be patient, I'm sure I'll soon have other innovations for you to, uh, borrow...

Note to readers: Look, I don't make this stuff up. I simply report it.