Over: Polished Palate Competion, March 2010

Including details of our Weekly Rum E-Tastings. Join our happy group in tasting rums from home or even from your sailboat. Also important Events in south Florida and Awards from just about anywhere. Speaking of where, Wear Wearever wherever you go!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Over: Polished Palate Competion, March 2010

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Ho Hum. And, uh, God Bless the Queen! And Ho Hum.

I'm bored. Yet another, uh, competition and it's just more of the same. Here's why:

1. As usual 43 rums "entered" and - surprise! - all but 3 got medals.

Ho hum.

2. The usual categories - white, gold, dark, various aged rum and flavored - were used, and as usual unlabeled flavored rums like Zafra "21", Diplomatico Reserva, Vizcaya "VXOP", et al competed in the "aged" category rather than with other flavored rums.

Ho hum.

3. As usual Ron Viejo (a concentrated cane juice rum) was included with molasses rums.

Ho Hum.

4. And as usual some newcomers - Ron Carupano, Ol Lahaina, Koloa (has anyone really heard of these, really?! - received multiple awards and definitely got their money's worth from the "Rum Ho!" Rum Queen.

Oops! Fell asleep. Let me end with the fervent hope that you too are becoming absolutely bored with these faux competitions and my idiotic comments about them.

The only good news is that I can hereafter simply cut-n-paste to report them...