Hello from Vancouver

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
OldMiltonian
Landlubber

Hello from Vancouver

Post by OldMiltonian »

Hello Capt and crew...

Thank you for the opportunity.....I love the story of rum and the spirit itself most importantly. In my younger days I indulged in what is now to me very ordinary Cuba Libres....the light came on when a mate of mine, who travels extensively for work, rung me from a bar in Guyana, telling me I had to try this stuff about 9 years ago. I paid attention because my boy was exclusively a beer drinker and would not even do shots with the lads in the bar. Needless to say, he brought me a bottle of ED15 which to this day remains a staple in my home bar....mother's milk that stuff.

The light got turned on and ED15 aroused my curiosity about aged remains in particular. I have gorged myself in every rum I can find since, my palate has changed considerably since the earlier days. Some of my personal favourites today include the Barbancourt 15, Appleton 12, Dictador 20, Clement and Rhum J.M VSOP. My favourite cocktail is the Ti' Punch with Neisson and Rhum JM ..both blanc ...though the Mauritians have some decent agricoles to go in Ti' Punch. I heard about the Project through a rum buddy so here I am. I consider myself a student of rum and look forward to my continuing education!
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome to the gnashing of teeth. Enjoy.
in goes your eye out