War vs Environment Dept: A coincidence?

Bet you never thought you'd see this one on a respectable forum. But this forum is hardly respectable, and neither is rum! This section is for the forbidden: rum and religion, politics and sex. Here's to Frank Zappa and Catholic Girls!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

War vs Environment Dept: A coincidence?

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Those of us who are well informed - that'd be everyone here...

...were no doubt like me, amazed to see the absolutlely huge of concerned humans worldwide to peacefully demonstrate in support of well, survival. Yet the mega major media barely covered it - after all if it isn't on the 6 o'clock News, then it doesn't exist, now does it? You know the old question "If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it...".

You can be sure the powers that be in our military-industrial-governmental, endless war complex are well aware of the news cycle. Surely it couldn't be that the "surprise" major attack and expansion of that war in Syria was just a coincidence, right? And too, the focus of the news almost solely on yet another useless attempt at failed empire.

Sure, just a coincidence. But when I viewed the many, many alternative news sources and saw the pictures and videos I was stunned by the enormity of the environmental demonstrations.

Let's end with some prophetic words attributed to the Cree Indians...
  • "When all the trees have been cut down,
    when all the animals have been hunted,
    when all the waters are polluted,
    when all the air is unsafe to breathe,
    only then will you discover you cannot eat money."
Or from respected author Naomi Kline:
"We have not done the things that are necessary to lower emissions because those things fundamentally conflict with deregulated capitalism, the reigning ideology for the entire period we have been struggling to find a way out of this crisis.

We are stuck because the actions that would give us the best chance of averting catastrophe — and would benefit the vast majority — are extremely threatening to an elite minority that has a stranglehold over our economy, our political process, and most of our major media outlets."
A panel of well known commentators, authors, activists and a US senator is exerpted in this brief but powerful video:

http://therealnews.com/t2/index.php?opt ... ival=12414

Our planet, freedoms and democracies are being usurped by the very few who control by far the bulk of the world's assets, as practically everything is being privatized as our Spaceship Earth is being parceled out, trademarked, owned, and exploited by a few.

I ask you: when there's only one private company left, when the commons has been seized by it, then for whom will you work and what pay will you accept?

http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/comm ... e-s-limits
And for our Aussie readers...
http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2634 ... down-under