Deal of the Day Dept: Cigars Intl - 10 for $10!

Is a smoke (Rudyard Kipling). Smoking has been around since the beginning of time but insofar as more recent times the home of both rum and cigars - a wonderful combination - remains the Caribbean. If you can't find a Cuban, you might try an expatriate smoke like one from Gran Papi Rodriguez and Family in Key West.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Deal of the Day Dept: Cigars Intl - 10 for $10!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Ten robustos for ten dollars, shipping free?

Really? Yes. These are half decent "sticks" and include two each of:

1. Gurka Class Regent Gran Robusto
2. Sosa Robusto
3. 5 Vegas Series "A" Artisan
4. HC Series Maduro Robusto
5. Ramon Bueso Genesis, The Project Robusto

Only the Sosa is a bit dodgy, but the rest garner more than adequate ratings (the Gurka gets a "90" for whatever that means). MSRP $70, so this is more than a good deal.

If interested you need to enter:
http://cigarsintl.com/SHFREE4A

Couldn't resist - and the deal was genuine, big company...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

A bit more info...

After a bit of research I thought I'd order these in terms of interest and value.

5. Sosa Robusto: $1.99, a throwaway, mild, loose and fast, interesting first puff or two, then it's just making mild and uninteresting smoke. Construction dubious.

4. HC Series Maduro Robusto: $2.50, a lightweight maduro, at best an everyday smoke, an improvement but mixed reviews

3. 5 Vegas Series "A" Artisan Robusto: $5.00, excellent reviews, lots called it "my favorite". Costa Rican maduro wrapper, aged over 4 years, medium to full.

2. Ramon Bueso Genesis, The Project Robusto: $7.00 and ratings in the mid 90's
Connecticut maduro wrapper, Honduran and Nicaraguan filler. A cigar that causes excitement, medium to full, emphasis full. Any cigar named The Project (limited production) was made for us, lol...

1. Gurka Class Regent Gran Robusto: $11.00, solid 90+ scores, Honduran maduro wrapper, Nicaraguan and Dominican filler. The Dominican makes this a medium bodied cigar, balanced and complex. Considered uniquely intricate and complex, but still enjoyable.

It's too early but we are looking forward to the last two, whose relative positions may well be reversed. I can say that I have no doubt this sample pack for just $10 delivered (MSRP of $70 + shipping) represents quite a value. It seems that CI's goal was to put together a killer package of cigars in all price ranges, and hope you will like one and buy a box.

Should be fun...