Oh dear.

The problem with beer was that it wouldn't survive a long voyage, ergo rum and other distilled spirits. Still, beer later became a wondrous thing, with each community having its own unique brewery and style. We were loyal! That changed, but of late, Craft Brewing appeared and gone mad - with over 3000 of the buggers and 100's of weekly new releases, ergo a blood, er beerbath is in the offing. Until then - this section...
da'rum
Minor God

Oh dear.

Post by da'rum »

The article indicates it but to elaborate, VB is rather ordinary beer and not particularly great. However......

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncatego ... -festival/
in goes your eye out
bearmark
Beermeister

Post by bearmark »

That's pretty funny, but embarrassing for the so-called craft beer enthusiasts in Australia. Smart (and probably expensive) move on the part of the big guys, but I don't see anything wrong with what they've done. The idea that the micro brewers would call foul because they were mostly falling for the "rags to riches" story is just sad... they were duped and found out for their favoritism rather than judging the beer itself.
Mark Hébert
Rum References: Flor de Caña 18 (Demeraran), The Scarlet Ibis (Trinidadian), R.L. Seale 10 (Barbadian), Appleton Extra (Jamaican), Ron Abuelo 12 (Cuban), Barbancourt 5-Star (Agricole)
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

I couldn't agree more.

There's only one niggling factor for me and that is, did C.U.B use their mass produced Victoria Bitter or did they actually submit a superior beer? It wouldn't be hard, fermented deer piss is almost better than VB.
in goes your eye out