Hello from Montreal (yes, another Canadian!)

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
Blade Rummer
Quartermaster

Hello from Montreal (yes, another Canadian!)

Post by Blade Rummer »

Hello fellow rum-lovers!

After lurking around here for what seems like forever, I've finally taken the plunge and signed up. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some intelligent and well-thought out posts and add to the discussion but I'm not making any promises ;-)

Like most beginners in the world of rum, I spent a lot of time online looking for recommendations and I've had my share of disappointments: I just never could get into the Zacapa, Diplomatico and even Plantation rums. I know my tastes run more towards the drier rums but even so, I really don't know how anyone could be surprised by the amount of added sugar that has now become common knowledge.

I then stumbled upon this forum and spent many hours going thru all the posts on the added sugar/additives in rum. It's also because of this forum that I discovered Barbancourt five star, and I'm just praying our government-controlled liquor board here in Quebec will restock soon because I'm almost done my last bottle!

As for my preferred rums, I always have a bottle of Appleton 12 on hand – it's my first love! Other favourites include aforementioned Barbancourt five star and El Dorado 5 and even 8 when I feel like something sweeter.
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome.
in goes your eye out
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Welcome
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Is there an echo in here?

Welcome. Actually Dai and da'rum have PLENTY to say, just wait...
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

Hey there, Blade Rummer.

Looking forward to your posts.