Greetings from Flagstaff, Arizona!

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
dawsonh
Greaser

Greetings from Flagstaff, Arizona!

Post by dawsonh »

Hi. My name is Dawson Henderson. I live in the mountains (7400') near Flagstaff, AZ.

My wife and I have been lovers of good food and wine for most of our lives. Spirits were consumed mostly as cocktails. In my late 50's I started drinking whiskey. My 60th Birthday party was bourbon themed. The last couple of years I have started to explore the wonderful world of single malts. Part of that learning experience was watching Ralfy videos. He recently did a few rum reviews. That got me thinking about Rum. I have lurked here and other web sites for the last few months and in the process purchased and tasted some delicious rum. The sequence has been: Dorado 12, Flor de Cana 7, Mount Gay XO, and Pusser's Blue.

I have enjoyed the trip so far and as a result look forward to expanding my collection and further educating my taste buds.

Dawson
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

Welcome Dawson.
Last edited by da'rum on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
in goes your eye out
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Nice choices on the rums...

And welcome x2! A quick look revealed that Arizona has a goodly number of micro-distilleries have been established. Are you familiar with any of them?
dawsonh
Greaser

Post by dawsonh »

I tasted the Arizona High (Flagstaff) vodkas when they first were available and given the yummy Prickly Pear Vodka as gifts; but have not tried their other spirits. I need to get my butt down there!

That there was a distillery in, of all places, Kingman, AZ... was news to me. The Desert Diamond Distillery makes several rums. Next time I am heading West, I will have to stop by for a tour and tot. (only 140 miles from Flagstaff on I-40)

Dawson
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Greetings
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition