Plain Old El Dorado NAS "Dark"...

Subtle, soft and medium bodied rums originating in Guyana and that define the fourth major standard style. To our sweethearts and wives, may they never meet!
Hassouni
Minor God

Plain Old El Dorado NAS "Dark"...

Post by Hassouni »

...is surprisingly decent for a very affordable price. It's clearly been colored, possibly sweetened, but it has more character than the ED5 and 8, from what I recall of them, and is reminiscent of the sturdier but sadly defunct Lemon Hart 80. Given that I can't buy Wood's 100 in the US, I might pick up a bottle of this and use it in Tiki recipes requiring Demerara rum.

It's not easy to find, as DDL I'm sure is pushing the age-statement rums, but I know a few places where I can get it for a song. Too bad this doesn't get more attention...I think I can make an exception for it in my shunning of DDL's disguised syrups.

http://theeldoradorum.com/our-portfolio ... iordarkrum
Rum Warrior
Swabbie

Post by Rum Warrior »

Just picked up a liter of "Gold" from 2012 (the date sticker on the price label from my dusty liquor store)... I found the long-lost golden city of El Dorado! I've only had ED12, ED151 and Lemon Hart 151 from Guyana. Pretty good. A little sweet. I need some more time with this one.