greetings and a pleasure to come aboard, thankyou

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
rus
Greaser

greetings and a pleasure to come aboard, thankyou

Post by rus »

Being a canuck and living just over the river in niagara I have known many whose families have been involved in the import/export of consumables (nudge nudge wink wink) over the generations.adding to that I spend winters in florida and religiously (praise the holy tiki) attend rumfest and the pilgrimage to key west.over the last number of years upon retiring i travel the islands of america and asia with the hope of finding the holy grail of cane.last trip was to koisamui thailand and phuket where the best find was phraya, and japan where all rum is exported ,so after lots of disappointment settled in for weeks of whisk (e )y. Happy trails rus
Happy trails to all on your journeys.am a rum, rhum, ron guy with a bit of calvados and whisk (e)y thrown in...empathically dislike cloyish, sweet, astringent renderings...cheers. rus
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome Rus...

One day - the next time you come south - do let me know, and we'll share one of da'rum's "My Father" cigars with an appropriate rum. I would love to hear more about your families' history...
rus
Greaser

absolutemento amigo...we will be down mid april for rumfest.

Post by rus »

Capn Jimbo wrote:Welcome Rus...

One day - the next time you come south - do let me know, and we'll share one of da'rum's "My Father" cigars with an appropriate rum. I would love to hear more about your families' history...
Happy trails to all on your journeys.am a rum, rhum, ron guy with a bit of calvados and whisk (e)y thrown in...empathically dislike cloyish, sweet, astringent renderings...cheers. rus
rus
Greaser

Post by rus »

Sorry not quite a luddite butt close! I think this is the correct way 2 reply..so you have a hankering 2 hear about the icesleds bringing the devil's brew over the frozen niagara river, huh.will be down for rumfest and in florida 4 a month or so except 4 quick jaunt up 2 nol 4 jazz fest...it. would be a treat to meet you...happy trails. Russ
da'rum
Minor God

Post by da'rum »

G'day Rus. Welcome to the project.
in goes your eye out
rus
Greaser

hi da'rum

Post by rus »

Thnx for the greetin....up goes your socks down boyo! Anybody going to rumfest miami?
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Shwmae Rus
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition