Mac Baren Dark Twist

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
da'rum
Minor God

Mac Baren Dark Twist

Post by da'rum »

Awhile ago I bought some Mac B Dark Twist and I found it not only difficult to keep alight but also not overly impressive. I jarred it and left it. Yesterday I wanted a nice smoke but a simple one without too much complexity or spice, so I looked at the Dark twist again. But this time to add an extra side to it's character I blended it with a flake of Capstan blue. The ratio was about 50/50 and it worked fantastically, the smoke was slightly complex but not overly so. The straight Capstan Virginia is sweeter than the Mac B and the two casings complemented each other beautifully. The nutty Kentucky kept everything from getting too busy and the bowl smoked down with only a minimum of fuss. The whole thing finished with a flurry of flavour for literally the last three puffs.
Worth a try.
in goes your eye out
Dai
Minor God

Re: Mac Baren Dark Twist

Post by Dai »

da'rum wrote:Awhile ago I bought some Mac B Dark Twist and I found it not only difficult to keep alight but also not overly impressive. I jarred it and left it. Yesterday I wanted a nice smoke but a simple one without too much complexity or spice, so I looked at the Dark twist again. But this time to add an extra side to it's character I blended it with a flake of Capstan blue. The ratio was about 50/50 and it worked fantastically, the smoke was slightly complex but not overly so. The straight Capstan Virginia is sweeter than the Mac B and the two casings complemented each other beautifully. The nutty Kentucky kept everything from getting too busy and the bowl smoked down with only a minimum of fuss. The whole thing finished with a flurry of flavour for literally the last three puffs.
Worth a try.
Sounds like a nice mix.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition