Blanton's Straight From The Barrel

What is feckin whiskey doing on the net's leading independent rum website? There's a reason, read on, but it's not my fault! Honest...
da'rum
Minor God

Blanton's Straight From The Barrel

Post by da'rum »

A little bit wary when it arrived in a dodgy wooden display box, was even more wary when I read 'chill filtered' written on the side. The initial smell was very promising. Dram poured and the aroma straight was enticing. I added 3 teaspoons water, let sit and stuck my nose in it again. Now more complex. I took a tentative sip and it was too hot, more water needed. Another three teaspoons added and a 5 min covered sit. Now, we are talking, a range of aromas and they are more readily definable. Taste was beautiful if not somewhat sweeter than expected. A lovely drop. I let it sit a little longer and it opened up nicely dropping some of it's sweetness and balancing out. A nice long finish.

Initial thoughts are thumbs up, great stuff. Will come back in half a bottles time.
in goes your eye out
whiskeyclub
Landlubber

Re: Blanton's Straight From The Barrel

Post by whiskeyclub »

Indulge in the ultimate bourbon experience with Blanton's Straight From The Barrel – a bold and unfiltered expression that captures the essence of perfection. Sourced from a single barrel, this limited-edition release offers an intense flavor profile of rich caramel, dark fruit, and a robust, full-bodied finish. Elevate your collection with Blanton's Straight From The Barrel, a true connoisseur's choice that embodies the pinnacle of craftsmanship. Savor the unparalleled depth and complexity, making every sip a journey through the heart of premium bourbon. Secure your bottle and relish the extraordinary character of Blanton's Straight From The Barrel – where exceptional meets unbridled indulgence.