Review: Sutliff's Great Outdoors

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Review: Sutliff's Great Outdoors

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Sutliff's Great Outdoors: nutty mild milk chocolate

Per Sutliff:
"Burley Based, Black Cavendish, Burley; Flavoring Anisette, Vanilla"
My review:
"For those of you who like a nice OTC burley or burley-based like Prince Albert, Sir Walter, or Carter Hall this might be a interesting small step up. This blend is very well named and just feels like a late fall day in the woods, with a mug of campfire black coffee. Got it? The burley is there - definitely there - but not overpowering and balanced with the barest touch anisette and maybe, maybe vanilla - but the real star is the nutty mild chocolate that is just exquisite. In the end this blend is about smooth, nutty, warm, woodsy burley that remains there - more than just a wisp here or there.

Easy pack, easy light, easy smoke, pleasant and warm, that gets deeper and richer as you move along. If you like burley - or want to - you will like this one. The very mild aromatics are there, but so integrated that they only enhance, not overpower or detract. Looking for vanilla - try BCA instead. This isn't for you. Loved it. A burley lovers blend, and I'm a burley lover."
And:
"...mellow subtle, nutty, flavors very distant, woodsy, earthy, pleasant. Me: a nice warm and creamy, easy burn, notable burley, mere touch of anisette (if any), lightest vanilla, nutty chocolate/cacao, very nice, a step up from the OTC's. Absolutely great AM coffee smoke. Very Lt Aro Mild Burley-based."
Friends I simply cannot recommend this one enough for an early morning accompaniment to coffee. Easy pack, easy burn, simply lovely...