Review: DDL's "Diamond Reserve White Rum"

Rum drinks, rumcake, hot buttered rum, rum glazed ribs, Bermudan rum chowder, rum balls and bollocks. This be the place and it's all good. To the cook! Eat, drink and be Mary!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Review: DDL's "Diamond Reserve White Rum"

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Diamond Reserve White Rum Review: Simple but pure...

...and the first review on the net, rather a mystery. I have a sneaking suspicion that these might be rather old bottles, but then again I await being rightfully corrected.

As a pre-review, let's say I'm not particularly impressed. I suspect the Diamond Reserve White Rum - at just $8.95 with a very ordinary bottle, screw cap and cheesy cheep label featuring, yup, a pirate ship and treasure chest (urp) - may have been a mass produced rum for the uneducated hoi polloi.

Yes, there's a hint of banana, anisette, touch of lemon and WTF, asparagus (?) - all of which are mere hints and somewhat blurred by a notable alcohol prickle. Still it IS sugar free at an accurate zero grams on the sugar test. My problem is simple: having had Appleton's and Myers's far superior pot stilled products, the Diamond Estate falls notably short.

I'd not buy another, even at a lousy $8.95, though it may compete well with the Batshit equivalent.