Vitamin "N" Dept: what's it like?

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Vitamin "N" Dept: what's it like?

Post by Capn Jimbo »

In reading many TR reviews...

...I'm sure we've all found those who like their "Vitamin N", and those who don't. Some complain of possible nausea, etc., and recommend eating before piping with a high N blend. Until recently, I'd never had such an experience. But then...

It happened...

On a whim I decided to revisit MacB's Navy Flake, a blend that I originally liked, but later came to dislike. Da'Rum had a similar experience. This time I folded about 2/3 or 3/4 of a flake into my cob, and had what for me was a longer smoke - perhaps 45 min. At a point and to my great surprise I started to feel warm and began to perspire, and yes felt a wee bit unsteady.

This pretty much ended this session, which in the first half bowl I'd come to rather like this flake once again, but then noted that the second half of the bowl became progressively richer and stronger, and perhaps the source of what I take as an N-effect.

How 'bout you?

FWIW, TR's reviews are mixed in re the "N" level, with respondents on either side of "mild" or "substantial". Seems that "N" effects are a personal matter.
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Only now you finding out about Vitamin N I am surprised. Good old University Flake does it for me as well as GQ rum & honey or Durbar and Condor yep definitely Condor will do it.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Jimbo the biggest nic hit I've had so far is this morning after smoking University Flake in the new Parker my head is buzzing. not sure I like such a big nic hit. Different pipes different affects I suppose the falcon collects a lot of this in the humidome where as this Parker doesn't maybe that's the difference. Me thinks it shall be half a flake in future.
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition