New Pipe

Pipes on the ships of old were nothing new. Tobacco and rum made their appearance in short order with tobacco inherited from American Indians and rum from the Caribbean. Smoking aboard ship was allowed by limited to a safe area and at safe times, ergo the "smoking lamp". Where? Usually near the Galley, as it is here. A huge thanks to the amazing da'rum - a man of high ideals and many talents. This is just one of them.
Dai
Minor God

New Pipe

Post by Dai »

Just got a new pipe a Parker Rhodesian. Just £25 not bad for a Dunhill Second. The only flaw that I can see is the sandblast on one side is not as good as the other but, I can live with that.

. . . . . . .Image

. . . . . . .Image
Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect!

My Link to Save Caribbean Rum Petition
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

One man's defect is another man's patina...

Enjoy, lovely and rugged, reminds me of my Greek fisherman's pipe...

. . . . . . .Image

Love your Rhodesian, what do you think of it?
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Good so far only had two bowls out of it. I love the shape feels nice in the hand, very comfortable to hold. As for smoking ok but it's not broken in yet so the verdict on that is still to come. Like all pipes there needs to slight adjustment in technique from pipe to pipe.

Nice Greek fisherman.

Capn Jimbo

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Dai, you know it's a funny thing, but for me anyway, there's something about a chunky sandblasted dark finish that I really like and admire. These are very attractive pipes. Yes, they are very comfortable to hold and seem cooler to the touch as well. I like also a nice bend so they are easy to clench as well with their nice wide stems.

Had I not found an authentic, Greek made classic fisherman's pipe, I was already attracted to, and would have purchased a Rhodesian much like yours...
Dai
Minor God

Post by Dai »

Capn Jimbo wrote:Dai, you know it's a funny thing, but for me anyway, there's something about a chunky sandblasted dark finish that I really like and admire. These are very attractive pipes. Yes, they are very comfortable to hold and seem cooler to the touch as well. I like also a nice bend so they are easy to clench as well with their nice wide stems.

Had I not found an authentic, Greek made classic fisherman's pipe, I was already attracted to, and would have purchased a Rhodesian much like yours...
Here is where I got mine from. $39 in your money plus p&p
http://uktobacco.com/acatalog/Parker-Sp ... Pipes.html

Parker are Dunhill seconds but not having much experience with briar pipes I don't have anything to compare it to, so can't advise on this.

Capn Jimbo

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Thanks Dai...[/b]