Liquor Store score and a question...

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Liquor Store score and a question...

Post by edgarallanpoe »

I placed an order for 3 bottles of Bacardi Heritage rum. Bacardi made two versions of this. A 750ml version in a cardboard sleeve and a 1l version in a wooden box. The state store doesn't carry the 1l version so I ordered the smaller bottle. No biggie, the rum is the same and the fancy packaging isn't that important to me. Well well well....evidently the metric system still confuses some people. Rofl I received 3 bottles of the 1L in the wooden box.

The question I have is this...my 1L bottle says 750ml on it. HA!! Are they all this way or is this Bacardi's way of getting around archaic state controlled liquor laws?
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Good grief! Would that they would all please do this...
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

Does your bottle say 750ml on it? Mine does and I'm curious if they all say that. It's pretty clear that the one on the right is a liter. lol

edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

mamajuana
Admiral

Post by mamajuana »

Never saw a miss labeled bottle like that before. The boxes are nice especially for secure plane transport in luggage. I got about a dozen of the boxes until all the stores sold out of the boxes in my area. The sleeves are all over the place. It's a decent score as the 1L bottles with box tend to sell for double the sleeved bottle.

Who knows the miss label may be worth something to a collector someday.

Polished off 6 bottles this month of this stuff. At about 80 dollars for a 6 pack I can't complain.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Fantastic find...
The Black Tot
Admiral

Post by The Black Tot »

I scored about five of the boxes (plus about three tubes) but had to leave the country again for work before I got a chance to try them.

I'm very excited to start working with these. I've got my first significant block of time off in quite some time coming up in October, and I've got all the Beachbum Berry books to work through as well as some of the other books on tasting that the Cap'n has recommended.