Hi from Cambridge

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
alexh
Oscar

Hi from Cambridge

Post by alexh »

Hi, I'm Alex. I currently live in cambridge (in the UK, not MA).

I developed a fondness for Pussers in my youth, and I also like barbancourt, Mezan, and RL Seales.

I don't like flavour additives or lots of added sugar, which is what brought me here to fraternise with likeminded rum drinkers.
Hassouni
Minor God

Post by Hassouni »

You're in the right place! Which Mezan rums do you like?
alexh
Oscar

Post by alexh »

I've only had the caroni Trinidad 1999 so far. Not sure which to try next. Maybe Smith and cross instead.
Blade Rummer
Quartermaster

Post by Blade Rummer »

Welcome to the boards, I look forward to reading your posts. BTW, I am instantly jealous of you for living in the UK and having such easy access to independant bottlers and unadulterated rum. Then again, I'd probably go broke if I lived there so maybe it's for the best :lol:
alexh
Oscar

Post by alexh »

Ah, it's swings and roundabouts we get those independent bottlers but I miss and envy the variety and availability of the mid range rum and bourbon from my time there. The tax here is a very high. Pussers for example is 50% more expensive.