WTF! Dept: Retailer "borrows" from the Project

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

WTF! Dept: Retailer "borrows" from the Project

Post by Capn Jimbo »

It was recently brought to my attention that a retailer used the following copy:
"Imported in barrels right from Jamaica, it is not chill filtered and only filtered prior to blending at a minimum to prevent wood splinters from entering the rum from the barrels. It is then bottled by hand and signed by the bottler and the release batch is also hand written."
With the exception of a comma, this was directly from the Project, without attribution, credit or a link - even though Master of Malt was also quoted, but who did receive attribution.

Frankly, I could care really care less but it is well known that if nothing else, I suffer from terminal curiosity and simply had to email the site. In my email I simply noted the use of our copy and in a spirit of kindness and fellowship, offered that it'd be just fine for them to use this quote, on the proviso that it appear in quotes, and attributed/linked to the Project.

To my amazement I heard back within hours that the offending copy had been removed (this is called pouting). Hey, whatever floats their boat. I guess their response might seem to equivocate with "You're right, and to prove it we'd rather shoot ourselves in the foot than accept your offer".

What's even more interesting is that the MoM quote was also removed. I'd guess their copywriter got their arse reamed for "borrowing" from the Project and tne Master of Malt.

Such is life. At the least we keep good company...

http://www.suburbanwines.com/r/products ... 4-year-old
(corrected copy, sans the Project and the MoM)