Welcome to the Cane to Glass section!

For officers only! Relevent history and facts about the growing, harvesting, fermentation, distillation and aging of Cane Spirits. Master this section and you master rum. Otherwise just masterbate...
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Welcome to the Cane to Glass section!

Post by Capn Jimbo »

This may well be the most important section at The Rum Project...

Why?

Because like any other field of endeavor mastery comes from education and understanding. Other than Dave Broom's masterpiece, "Rum", and my humble first chapters of my E-book on rum - oh, and lest I forget, Luis Ayala's seminal work at his Rum University - rum has a terrible e-presence.

The two most active websites are (a) an "..it's all good" commercial plug site run by a rum rep and (b) that of a naive new rum commercial wannabee with a simply horrible palate.

That sucks.

Am I the answer? Heavens no! But what I can do is share with you all the information essential for really understanding and appreciating rum. Information gleaned from its history and tradition, but especially what you need to know about sugar cane spirits - from the field, processing, fermentation, distilling, aging and bottling.

Mind you, these will not be idiotic factoids, but solid coverage of how that aroma, taste, mouthfeel, finish and aftertaste got into your glass. From Cane to Glass...

Master this section and you master rum. Otherwise, just masturbate and keep grinnin...