Suck Up Dept: Ian Burrell's Rumfest begs our endorsement...

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Suck Up Dept: Ian Burrell's Rumfest begs our endorsement...

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Yup, THAT "Rumfest" and yes that Badassitor...

Perhaps a week or two ago, Burrell's new PR shill - a monkey named "Iga" - sporting a huge woodie (or dildo in the case of a simian of the fairer sex) - dropped me an adjective thick and glowing email opening with "Hello, I hope this email finds you well. I wanted to get in touch about RumFest, the annual rum celebration festival." and providing all the usual links and press material.

Now last year when this happened I actually took the time to reply by asking "Is Burrell still using the similar name ("Rum Experience") colors and logos of Luis Ayala? That year's shill professed ignorance, whereupon our communication stopped.

Clearly they are now aware that The Project - thanks to all of you and your intelligent and interesing pariticipation is now by far the best read free and independent rum website in the world.

Enough! I thought...

...and decided not to respond at all. To my surprise their meticulous marketing maven then sent me this rather desperate sounding email:
"Hello,

I hope you are well! I just wanted to quickly follow up on the email I sent you last week about RumFest and Ian Burrell. I just wanted to if it is something you would be interested in covering?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,
Iga "
Feigned or actual ignorance? No matter. Let me be clear, Iga. If the ambassador were on fire, I wouldn't even... Capish?