My Appleton V/X is empty...

This is the main discussion section. Grab yer cups! All hands on deck!
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

My Appleton V/X is empty...

Post by edgarallanpoe »

I was just wondering if the new Appleton that took its place was an adequate substitution. Anyone compare the two yet? Thanks in advance.
mamajuana
Admiral

Post by mamajuana »

I have seen the new bottle in my neck of the woods but have not yet pulled the trigger. The last bottle I had was very pool like in aftertaste in that I had a distinct chlorine taste in the rum. Rather off putting as you can imagine and it was bottled right before the newer release. Whether the rum in that batch had too much chlorine in the water or not I can't tell.
The Fat Rum Pirate
Quartermaster

Post by The Fat Rum Pirate »

I can't notice any difference between the two bottlings V/X or the Signature Blend.

Appleton maintain that the only rum which has changed is the UK bottling of the 8 Year Old which has been brought in line with the profile of the US version.

The rest have just had the labels updated. I've got them all except the new 8 Year Old and they all test NIL in the sugar dept (including the 21) as before and the 12 is very definitely the same stuff as I still have some of the old label.
edgarallanpoe
Quartermaster

Post by edgarallanpoe »

Is the new one the signature blend or the reserve blend? It looks like it is the Signature Blend but I want to make sure.
The Fat Rum Pirate
Quartermaster

Post by The Fat Rum Pirate »

edgarallanpoe wrote:Is the new one the signature blend or the reserve blend? It looks like it is the Signature Blend but I want to make sure.
The new V/X is the Signature Blend