Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum
Rum Appreciation by and for the Compleat Idiot

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi-time wine cellar yearly sale 11/3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Unrepentantly Commercial Plugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mamajuana
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Hi-time wine cellar yearly sale 11/3 Reply with quote

Just thought I would drop an FYI for anyone waiting on a rum sale. Hi-time is offering 10% off all rums tomorrow in their yearly sale. If you are looking to save a little change and pick up some great rums tomorrow that won't be available next year it is the time.

Notable newer and rarer offerings

Foursquare port aged - 34.99 - 10% (1 of 3 retailers with the cheapest price (MSRP 44.00)
Richland rum - 49.99 - 10% (only online retailer shipping this) The picture shows the gift set at his price which includes two gold leaf inscribed richland tasting glasses (MSRP 73.00).
Banks 7 rum - 25.99 - 10% (MSRP 36.99) Cheapest by far with an added 10% off. Very hard to find offering I paid 36.99 plus tax for the last bottle I bought.
Duncan Taylor Enmore 27 year old - 10% 199.99 (only source no known MSRP) 180.00 for a 27 year old Enmore? Sign me up!
Clement XO Tear drop bottling - 131.99 (MSRP 159.99)- 10% - makes this the cheapest the online source at $119 and tax free if you don't love in CA of the original nearly extinct bottling. Paid 136 plus tax last time I bought this in NY. The newer XO bottle scored a lower review and is only aged 6 years?

many other bottles just a few I'll be getting doubles of tomorrow, they have over 300 rums on offer. This savings will easily pick up shipping and a little more with a larger order. So it will be like picking these bottles up locally with no taxation.
Hassouni
Minor God

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck i wish I could afford that Enmore....
mamajuana
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well its good you have some restraint, I wish I could say the same. I doubt you can't afford it, just don't want to spend that type of cabbage! That said are you considering any bottles there tomorrow?
AK9
Cap'n

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good review from Barrel Aged mind (if this is the same)..

http://barrel-aged-mind.blogspot.de/2013/03/duncan-taylor-enmore-versailles_5.html
NCyankee
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got 1703 from them last year for $72 after 10% discount, I see their price is up to $90 this year.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a good deal for one of the best rums I ever tasted....

Go to Save Caribbean Rum Petition!
mamajuana
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCyankee wrote:
I got 1703 from them last year for $72 after 10% discount, I see their price is up to $90 this year.

Last time I paid 79.99 a bottle. Its going up everywhere though. Look for this rum to increase in price past 100.00. The latest shipments at the cheapo stores are now 110.00 roughly. Some stores are demanding well over this.
NCyankee
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Jimbo wrote:
Still a good deal for one of the best rums I ever tasted....

have you ever had the Appleton 21 yr? I usually see it priced in the $110-120 range but NC has it available on special order for a giveaway price of $77 - but you have to order a case of 6.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Capn Jimbo's Rum Project Forum Forum Index -> Unrepentantly Commercial Plugs All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: