Hey there!

Yes, the obligatory introductions section, but serves a good purpose - like a good, soft toilet paper - used only once but truly wonderful! "Here's to you and here's to me, may we never disagree - if perchance we ever do, here's to me and to hell with you!"
anax44
Greaser

Hey there!

Post by anax44 »

Hey everyone!

I'm Anax, hailing from the island of Trinidad.

I've been a rum drinker for a few years and I've found myself on this forum once or twice in last year.

I was never particularly fond of rum in the past; I found whisky and brandy to be equally appealing.

My preference for rum came after I tried Goslings Black Seal and Angostura White Oak in the same cocktail recipe and was blown away by how differently they lent themselves to the drink.

Also, when I was in Dartmouth, UK I came across Pussers 15 Year Old for the first time. I heard good things about it from the guy selling it, and I read even more good things about it online.

Since then, I've always been trying to get my hands on new rum and learn more about rum.
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Welcome and btw, interesting comment about the Black Seal and Angostura. Have fun and please feel free to share your thoughts...
RobBosman87
Greaser

Post by RobBosman87 »

Hey Anax!
Had my fair share of White Oak when I was in Trinidad in 2011. :)
Cheers,

Rob
anax44
Greaser

Post by anax44 »

RobBosman87 wrote:Hey Anax!
Had my fair share of White Oak when I was in Trinidad in 2011. :)
Nice to hear man! It's a pretty decent rum for cocktails in my opinion, although locally almost everyone considers it as plonk!