Appleton Estate 15 Year Old Rum

The second standard reference style: aromatic, robust and full flavored - it's absolutely dunderful. To our ships at sea! May they sink very slowly!
morgbug
Oscar

Appleton Estate 15 Year Old Rum

Post by morgbug »

I'm trying to find some information on the following rum:

Appleton Estate 15

Label states "minimum 15 years/ans" and I can only find this locally. We're usually pretty desperate for our rum selection though we do have Appleton around always. In Googling for the rum the only active link is to my local provincially run liquor store https://www.liquormarts.ca/product/appl ... rum/750-ml The price seems ok (I'm in Canada so apply a rather different standard on pricing) but it doesn't seem to exist anywhere else. I also found the label interesting in that they actually state a minimum age (ans = years in French) which seems rather unusual compared to the Flor de Cana type of antics. Anyone else seen this about?
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Hi and thanks for posting. Unfortunately I'm doing the finishing touches on my new (used) cruising sailboat, so really don't post that much.

But The Project is going nowhere. At a point there's only so much to say about rum, and the thousands of thoughtful (and political) posts here provide a treasure trove of info.

Now as to your questions I'm not aware of the "15" but I praise Appleton for providing it and labelling it honestly, unlike - yes FdC - who wishes to imply but not state. Trust me if their "7" was really 7 years old - every drop - they would say so.

It's really hard to go wrong with any rum from Jamaica.
Nomad
Bo'sun

Post by Nomad »

So far, Canada only.
'We put all our politicians in prison as soon as they’re elected. Don’t you?’
‘Why?’
‘It saves time.’ -Terry Pratchett via The Last Continent
RT
Quartermaster

Post by RT »

I'm from the States but travel to Ontario frequently and other parts of Canada occasionally, but haven't seen an Estate 15 there either. I did pick up an Appleton "Master Blender's Legacy" in Alberta about 7-8 years ago, but I believe it was closest to the 21 year offering in the US.

Any chance of a pic?
Students of the cask, reject naught but water. -Charles Gonoud, Faust Act 2
morgbug
Oscar

Post by morgbug »

RT wrote:I'm from the States but travel to Ontario frequently and other parts of Canada occasionally, but haven't seen an Estate 15 there either. I did pick up an Appleton "Master Blender's Legacy" in Alberta about 7-8 years ago, but I believe it was closest to the 21 year offering in the US.

Any chance of a pic?
If you click the link in the first post you'll see a picture there.

I believe the LCBO has it available but not at all stores.