Enjoyment Dept: Guidelines from the Malt Maniacs

It's tea time ladies, grab yer mugs! Drink it fast or sip it slow. About glasses, how ta crook yer pinkie, nosing and tasting techniques and equipment. May your cup - and your women - be bottomless!
Capn Jimbo
Rum Evangelisti and Compleat Idiot

Enjoyment Dept: Guidelines from the Malt Maniacs

Post by Capn Jimbo »

Ya gotta love em...

The Malt Maniacs that is. A more talented and honest group of whisky nutz will not be found, period. Johannes van den Heuvel is a man among men, right up there with Ralfy but not quite up there with Michael Jackson. Yet.

I long ago found and devoured his "Beginner's Guide" to enjoying single malts, from which this page, "Enjoyment" is linked: http://www.maltmadness.com/malt-whisky/ ... yment.html

Enjoy, and btw you may be wondering just what led me back to Johannes' guide? As is often the case it was a rare simian speculation in re: what is the ideal sipping temperature for rum (noting that he'd read somewhere that it was 65-67 degrees Fahrenheit)? As if you can fuggedaboudit if it's 64 or 68 degrees. Sure.

Of course I will be curious as to what mooseshit if any, will follow, but anyone who doesn't know that room temperature - if not enhanced by hand warming at some point - is the answer - is not all there. Really. And we all know why, right?